Amazing Air Duct Mint Hill NC also provide dryer vent cleaning in Mint Hill NC.
Doing your laundry is one very important home chore you cannot afford to neglect. And the fact that you use your dryer during these laundry sessions means you will have to ensure your dryer vent is given a professional cleaning as often as possible.
While you can handle the task of cleaning your dryer vent yourself, it is always advised that you hire a professional dryer vent cleaning and repair company to help you do a professional job on your dryer vent. In this post, we will talk about what dryer vent cleaning entails, why cleaning your dryer vent is important, what happens when you don’t clean your dryer vent and how often you should clean your dryer vent.
What is Dryer Vent Cleaning?
Dryer vent cleaning is the process of cleaning out all lint in your dryer vent lint trap to prevent a buildup of this lint and make it easier for your dryer vent to push out hot air during your drying cycles.
Why is Cleaning your Dryer Vent Important?
Cleaning your dryer vent comes with a number of advantages and should be given adequate attention from time to time. Here are some reasons why cleaning your dryer vent is important:
- Higher Efficiency
Cleaning your dryer vent will help your dryer work more efficiently and dry your clothes faster. A clean and unclogged dryer vent will dry your clothes in a single drying cycle.
- Keeps your Laundry Room Temperature Within Comfortable Limits
When your dryer vent is clean enough to dry clothes in a single drying cycle, you will do your laundry in a laundry room devoid of the heat that accompanies enduring several drying cycles before your clothes dry.
- Increases the life span of your dryer vent
Keeping your dryer vent clean at all times is one effective way to sustain the life of your dryer and save yourself the cost of repairing or replacing the dryer vent often.
What Happens When you Fail to Clean Your Dryer Vent?
- You pay to hire utility bills – A clogged up dryer will take more time to dry your clothes. When you fail to clean your dryer vent, you have to endure 2-3 drying cycles before your clothes come out dry. And this will increase your utility charges.
- An unpleasant burnt smell on your clothes – Failing to clean and maintain your dryer vent will prevent adequate ventilation and you will have to endure the burnt smell that accompanies drying your clothes in a dryer with clogged ducts.
- Higher risks of fire outbreaks – A buildup of lint in the duct of your dryer can lead to a serious outbreak of fire in your home. According to available statistics from the U.S. fire department, dryer vents that don’t receive adequate maintenance are responsible for a large percentage of home fires.
How Often Should You Clean Your Dryer Vent?
There are no set rules as to how often you should clean your dryer vent. However, you must ensure you clean your dryer vent as many times as possible in a year depending on how often you use your dryer. Here are certain factors that determine how often you clean your dryer vent:
- The number of people in your home – The number of people in your home determines the number of clothes that need to be dry cleaned and dried every week. The more people you have living in your home, the more often you need to clean your dryer vent.
- The Types of Fabrics you wash – If you load lots of heavy and thick fabrics such as cardigans, duvets, thick coats, and other such thick materials in your dryer, that means you will need to clean it more often to ensure it doesn’t stay clogged up for long.
- The number of pets in your home – People who own pets need to clean their dryer vents more often than people who do not. This is because those fluffy animals will always leave their furs and hairs on your clothes and bedsheets. And these furs and hairs will stay behind after each laundry cycle to clog up your dryer vent.
Ensuring your dryer vent is cleaned as often as you do your laundry will help sustain the life of your dryer and keep your utility bills low at all times. You will also get to enjoy the increased efficiency that comes with keeping your dryer vent clean.
For more information about dryer vent cleaning in Mint Hill NC call us at: 704-981-1921